Upper Blepharoplasty | Washington, D.C., & Arlington
Brighten Your Eyes
As a leading expert in facial rejuvenation, Dr. Cabin offers patient-centered eyelid lift surgery as a safe and effective way to restore a more youthful, alert, and rested appearance to your eyes.
What Is an
The upper portion of your eye can be broken down into two units:
- The eyelid
- The eyebrow
An upper blepharoplasty (also called “upper bleph” or “eye lift”) gently reduces your eyebrow skin, leading to a decrease in excess skin or fat deposits and the overall heaviness of your upper eyelids.
How this works is that an upper blepharoplasty treats:
- Excess folds of the upper eyelid skin
- Baggy upper eyelids
- Overused muscles that strain to lift sagging upper eyelid skin
The result is more refreshed, youthful, and open eyes.
For some patients, Dr. Cabin can perform an upper blepharoplasty with an endoscopic brow lift simultaneously, as discussed below.
What to Expect
Dr. Cabin prioritizes safety, trust, and satisfaction, which is why he and his team take meticulous care of you before, during, and after your procedure. Here’s what you can expect from your eyelid lift:
- Consultation and Personalization: Your transformation will start with a comprehensive consultation with Dr. Cabin. He’ll take the time to listen, understand your concerns, and assess your unique facial structure. This step ensures that your upper blepharoplasty is tailored precisely to your needs.
- Incision Placement: Dr. Cabin employs meticulous techniques, creating discreet incisions within the natural folds of your upper eyelids. This strategic approach minimizes scarring, which fades over time, leaving you with results that look both stunning and natural.
- Excess Skin and Fat Removal: Through these carefully placed incisions, Dr. Cabin skillfully removes excess skin and, if needed, addresses any surplus fat deposits. This intricate process reveals the contours of your upper eyelids and lifts away years from your appearance.
- Muscle Enhancement: To alleviate any strain caused by overused muscles, Dr. Cabin may perform muscle enhancement during the procedure. This technique not only rejuvenates your appearance but also supports the longevity of your results.
- Closure and Recovery: Following the procedure, Dr. Cabin will expertly close your incisions to ensure optimal healing. While you may experience some temporary swelling and bruising, Dr. Cabin and his team will also provide thorough aftercare instructions to promote a smooth, quick recovery.
Is an Upper Blepharoplasty Right for You?
If you yearn for brighter, more open eyes that reflect your inner vitality, an eyelid lift may be right for you. Dr. Cabin’s patient-centered approach means he takes the time to understand your unique concerns and tailors the procedure to help you restore a more vibrant, younger-looking appearance to your eyes.
You may be an ideal candidate for an upper blepharoplasty if you have any of the below.
Excess Skin & Sagging
If you find that excess skin is drooping over your upper eyelids, causing a perpetually tired look, an upper blepharoplasty could be your answer. Dr. Cabin’s expertise gently trims away this excess, unveiling a revitalized and more alert appearance.
Baggy Upper Eyelids
Pesky under-eye bags often extend to your upper lids. With upper blepharoplasty, Dr. Cabin carefully addresses these baggy areas, smoothing out the upper eyelid contours and restoring a smoother, more youthful texture.
Strained Eyelid Muscles
The muscles supporting your upper eyelids can become overworked, especially if you have sagging skin to contend with. Dr. Cabin’s upper blepharoplasty technique not only removes excess skin but also alleviates muscle strain, resulting in eyes that feel lighter and more relaxed.
The best candidates for upper blepharoplasty understand the procedure's outcomes and have realistic expectations. Dr. Cabin will ensure that you and every patient have a clear understanding of what the procedure can achieve.
Upper Blepharoplasty Results
With the attentive, expert aftercare that Dr. Cabin provides, you can expect to enjoy your results for a lifetime.
Explore the results of some of Dr. Cabin’s other blepharoplasty patients in Arlington, VA, and Washington, D.C.—as well as from across the country.
Upper Blepharoplasty Recovery
While individual recovery times may vary, you should be able to resume your regular activities within a couple of weeks following your procedure. Complete healing typically occurs over the course of a month or two.
As your swelling and bruising gradually subside, your results will become more evident. You should find that your vision is no longer obstructed, and your eyelid skin should look firmer, healthier, and more vibrant.