Chin Augmentation | Washington, D.C., & Arlington
Bring Balance & Harmony to Your Look
Dr. Cabin specializes in safe, effective facial rejuvenation techniques, including augmenting a weak chin to give definition and prominence to your jawline.
What Is Chin Augmentation?
From your side profile, you want your chin, the shape of your nose, and the fullness of your neck to work together to balance the overall shape of your face. However, an under-projected chin can interfere with your face’s natural harmony and create the illusion of a full neck or a large nose.
Chin augmentation is a surgical procedure designed to reshape your chin using an implant, filler material, or your own body’s fatty tissue to give your face the balance you want.
If you’re self-conscious about the shape of your chin or the overall appearance of your face, a chin augmentation surgery with Dr. Jonathan Cabin can help enhance and define your facial features and bring symmetry and balance to your look.
Dr. Cabin can perform chin implant surgery—or mentoplasty—alone or in combination with other facial procedures to help bring a harmonious balance to your facial features and dramatically improve your facial profile and chin projection.
How Does Chin Augmentation Work?
Chin augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that uses implants to enhance the shape and prominence of your chin to create a more balanced, attractive profile. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia, and recovery time may vary depending on the extent of the procedure.
Here's an overview of the typical chin augmentation procedure:
- Consultation: Dr. Cabin will meet with you to discuss your goals and assess your facial structure. At this time, he’ll tailor a completely personalized plan that suits your unique needs.
- Anesthesia: Dr. Cabin will perform the procedure under local or general anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the surgery.
- Incision: Next, Dr. Cabin will make a small incision just beneath your chin, which will allow him to create a pocket for your customized implant.
- Implant Placement: Dr. Cabin will then insert the chosen implant into the pocket and secure the implant in place. The size and shape of the implant are determined based on your desired outcome and facial proportions.
- Closing the Incision: Once the implant is in position, Dr. Cabin will close the incision with sutures.
In many cases, Dr. Cabin has performed this procedure in conjunction with a rhinoplasty and/or neck lift to subtly improve your overall profile and create more harmony between your nose, chin, and neck.
Is Chin Augmentation Right for You?
Chin augmentation is suitable for individuals who want to enhance their facial balance and better define the contours of their face.
You might be an ideal candidate if you:
- Desire a stronger or more defined chin
- Have a recessed or small chin that affects facial proportions
- Wish to create better facial harmony by balancing out your features
- Have normal overall health and realistic expectations about the procedure's outcomes
- Are bothered by a "weak" or undefined chin profile
- Seek to improve your side profile and overall facial aesthetics
Dr. Cabin will conduct a comprehensive consultation to assess your medical history, unique features, and aesthetic goals. If you're considering chin augmentation, this procedure can help you achieve a more balanced and harmonious facial appearance.
Chin Augmentation Recovery
You may experience some swelling and discomfort in the days following the procedure. Dr. Cabin will provide detailed aftercare instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.